HP Unveils Breakthrough Printing Portfolio for Enterprise Customers
PALO ALTO, Calif., April 11, 2007
HP today unveiled ground-breaking, ink-based color multifunction printers (MFP), enhanced management offerings, and a new portfolio of services and solutions to help enterprise customers optimize their printing environments.
The new ink-based multifunction printers, the HP CM8060/CM8050 Color MFPs with HP Edgeline Technology, offer a powerful new printing engine based on the company's $1.4 billion investment in Scalable Printing Technology.
Enabling enterprise and small and midsize business customers to improve productivity and control operating costs, the MFPs deliver a powerful combination of features, including high-speed performance,(1) best-in-class operating costs(2) and reliability,(3) excellent output quality, and intuitive usability.
"Building on HP's MFP industry leadership, HP is extending our portfolio with new Edgeline color MFPs," said Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "The Edgeline offerings will transform the industry, providing customers a multifunction printing solution with unprecedented ease of use that can improve productivity and lower color operating costs by up to 30 percent."
HP also announced HP Web Jetadmin 10.0, a major upgrade to the industry's leading printing fleet management software solution, and the new HP Universal Print Driver 4.0 for Windows, which is compatible with Windows Vista™.
Aiming to capture a significant portion of the $147 billion enterprise printing market which the company has been approaching with renewed vigor since October 2006, HP is increasing its global sales force, offering new innovations, and leveraging services and solutions across its portfolio. Today's introductions provide tools customers need to optimize their printing infrastructure, better manage their environment and improve workflows.
Redefining business printing with HP Edgeline Technology
The total market opportunity for HP Edgeline Technology is expected to be more than $30 billion by 2009.(4) The HP CM8060 and CM8050 Color MFPs are designed for the customers who print in high-volume and offer the combined benefits of ink and laser in a single device.
"We've been testing the HP CM8060 Color MFP in the office for a few months and without a doubt it is better than other devices we've seen before," said Michael A. Lindstrom, group vice president, Engineering, ECCO Group. "It's extremely user friendly and intuitive which is a nice change because for the first time we didn't feel like we needed an engineering degree to use it. Even though we have a beta version of the HP CM8060 Color MFP, we'd keep this device as is rather than switch back to a copier machine. HP has hit a homerun with this one."
The HP CM8060/CM8050 Color MFPs with Edgeline Technology share all features in common, except that the HP CM8060 prints at an accelerated rate - an average of 60 pages per minute (ppm) black and white and an average of 50 ppm color on plain papers - while the HP CM8050 prints at an average of 50 ppm black and white and an average of 40 ppm color on plain papers. The new multifunction printers also feature:
- HP Easy Select Control Panel - an award-winning 10-inch color touch-screen that clearly displays all available applications and settings.
- HP AutoNav - an automatic navigation tool that reduces help desk calls by empowering users with an intuitive way to resolve problems through features such as live action video, step-by-step control panel instructions, and a series of LED guide lights and door sensors that act as "digital breadcrumbs" to easily guide users to the source of a problem.
- Innovative pricing - usage-based pricing that offers savings of up to thirty percent on color printing and copying; and varying pricing for professional color usage, general office color, and black-and-white. The new HP Color Accent feature also further reduces costs by charging the black-and-white price for pages that use small amounts of color.
- Enhanced supplies - New HP Vivera office inks and a bonding agent produce fast-drying, vibrant color images and crisp text quality at any speed on plain paper, and deliver water and smear-resistant results, even with normal highlighter use.
- Service and support options - Sold direct from HP or through channel partners with service and support options, customers can lease or purchase the new MFPs from HP with Managed Print Services with multi-tier pricing, Smart Printing Services, or Care Pack(5) contracts with page allowance options exclusively for enterprise customers.
Improve productivity by effectively managing the imaging and printing environment
Now in its 10th year, HP Web Jetadmin is an imaging and printing fleet management software solution for remotely installing, configuring and managing a wide variety of HP and non-HP network peripherals using only a standard web browser. HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 boasts new features - such as improved support with Active Directory Services, enhanced security, a more intuitive user interface, integrated usage reporting with additional customizable reporting capabilities, links to HP Instant Support and new supplies management capabilities for multiple devices.
"HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 offers some of the best ease-of-use and performance capabilities in the industry. HP has obviously spent a lot of thought and effort in improving the ease-of-use of version 10.0 as well as enhancing its functionality," said Ted Needleman, senior director, Industry Analysts, Inc. "HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 is an easy to use, powerful tool to help you manage your fleet of printers and MFPs more cost-effectively and efficiently, whether that 'fleet' is just a few, or a few hundred devices."
New HP Web Jetadmin Consulting Services will make recommendations for the management infrastructure based on Web Jetadmin capabilities. HP Web Jetadmin 10.0 is expected to be available for download on April 30 at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
By providing real-time print job and device information, the award-winning HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) for Windows empowers users to resolve issues themselves, increase productivity and reduce help desk staffing. The new UPD 4.0 includes a more intuitive user interface, Windows Vista compatibility, and two operating modes - Dynamic Mode, better suited for mobile users, and Traditional Mode, better for those workers in an office environment.
HP UPD virtually eliminates the need for IT staff to manage individual print drivers and makes printing easy for users by providing one driver and one interface for virtually all networked and direct-connected HP printers. The HP UPD allows IT staff to rely on a single driver for virtually all HP LaserJets when migrating to Windows Vista rather than spending valuable time qualifying hundreds of drivers. The HP Universal Print Driver, version 4.0, is expected to be available at the end of April at www.hp.com/go/UPD.
To help IT staff better manage their printing environment, HP also expanded its printing supplies portfolio, enabling business customers to further control costs and bring high-quality marketing collateral production in-house:
- Dual Packs of HP LaserJet Black Print Cartridges help reduce printing costs for businesses that print in high volumes, providing double the print volume in a convenient, high-value package. The new dual packs deliver professional results and reliable, trouble-free printing at approximately 10 percent below the price of two individually sold cartridges. HP has seven new packs starting at $202.(6)
- HP's new Brochure Paper for Edgeline, designed specifically for use with the new MFPs with Edgeline Technology, enables business customers to easily and affordably produce professional-quality glossy brochures, flyers and marketing materials right in the office. Offered in both 8.5 x 11-inch and 11 x 17-inch sizes with prices starting at $ 30.99.(6)
- HP Tri-fold Brochure Paper for Color Lasers is a new heavyweight pre-scored paper that allows for easy, precise folding with a clean edge, and is perfect for professional documents. The paper features HP's proprietary coating technology that gives marketing brochures a smooth and glossy finish with bold colors and crisp text. Offered in letter size, 8.5 x 11-inches, for $24.99(6).
Reduce total costs by optimizing infrastructure
HP also introduced the following products to allow customers to take control and optimize their imaging and printing infrastructures.
- The newly redesigned HP Color LaserJet CM4730 MFP adds the innovative and award-winning HP EasySelect control panel, a color touch-screen common across all HP MFPs that clearly displays all available applications and settings. The ideal workgroup-class color MFP is priced starting at $4,999.(6)
- Designed for medium to large-size organizations, the HP 9250c Digital Sender is equipped with a physical, pull-out keyboard, provides a fast and secure method to digitize paper documents and electronically distribute, archive and organize them easily and efficiently. Priced starting at $3,199.(6)
- The HP JetDirect 630n IPv6 Gigabit Ethernet Print Server and Jetdirect en 1700 IPv6 Print Server include internal and external options for highly efficient printer networking. Priced starting at $149(6) for the HP Jetdirect en 1700 IPv6 and $389(6) for the HP JetDirect 630n IPv6 Gigabit Ethernet Print Server.
Enhance business results through improved workflow
HP helps its customers automate manual processing to streamline information workflows, resulting in greater compliance readiness while reducing the risk of error. These solutions improve business results by increasing the operational effectiveness of customers.
HP Output Management Web Console: Job Manager powered by SAP NetWeaver is a powerful web-based tracking and management solution for both administrators and end users. It provides reliable, seamless delivery of business-critical documents to multiple destinations within an enterprise, as well as extensive management and delivery features.(7)
Flexible financing options
HP Financial Services offers flexible financing, leasing and asset management services to help customers manage to the lowest cost of ownership - from planning and acquiring technology to replacing and retiring it. Additional information on HP Financial Services is available at www.hp.com/go/leasing.
Additional information on the HP products announced today is available in an online press kit at www.hp.com/go/enterpriseleadership or join the conversation about today's announcement by participating in the LaserJet blog at http://h20325.www2.hp.com/blogs/laserjet/.
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers - from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world's largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $94.1 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended Jan. 31, 2007. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Compared to department class color laser MFPs below $22,000. Speeds as published by manufacturers as of August 2006. Test methods vary.
(2) Compared to department class color laser MFPs. Operating costs are the combined price per page of service, repair parts, and consumables (exclusive of paper) over a monthly timeframe, based on manufacturers list pricing as of August 2006. HP office printing costs based on estimated ink prices and preliminary yield. More information on office printing cartridge yield is available at www.hp.com/go/pageyield.
(3) Compared to department class color laser multifunction products. Based on independent third-party data, HP testing, and internal review of competitive products as of August 2006.
(4) Market opportunity by 2009 based on HP internal research as of October 2006. Retail photo printing - a $7.7 billion market (photo kiosk, photo mini lab and creative output), industrial printing - a $9.8 billion market (light production) and department class, color MFP office printing - a $16.6 billion dollar market. Combined, Edgeline represents a more than $30 billion dollar market opportunity by 2009 for HP.
(5) Available in North America only
(6) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(7) The HP Output Management Web Console is available with no additional license or maintenance fees for customers with valid HP Output Server maintenance contracts and is currently available for download from www.hp.com/go/outputmanagement.